Well I have never been a part of Google+ but I have seen a lot of videos on it. MySpace was the first social site I was on like most people and Facebook then took over. Twitter is very different from the other three in obvious reasons. If you have ever used Twitter you know its like a message board for people your interested in. But on the other three it is everything, picture albums, music pages, etc. The features are basically the same for everyone but Twitter give or take a few features.
Functionality and usability, I think, go together with this. One of the biggest goals of the company that run these sites it to make it function right and very easy to use for everyone because they want as many members as possible.
The population and demographics are pretty easy to see with these sites. Facebook has a larger age demographic because you know your little cousin is on it and so is your grandma. They also have the largest population at 800 million. Twitter and Google+ have a large population but only in younger people. The fact that Google+ is new and twitter is just a younger person thing makes me thing that. Finally MySpace has a smaller population but there population is younger people that don't enjoy Facebook.
I really don't know with MySpace and Google+ because I haven't been on Google+ to see ads but I know that MySpace has them. A huge thing with businesses now is Facebook. 95% of all businesses have a Facebook page and that number is growing. Facebook also has a controversial way with ads because of there privacy problems. Twitter does ads but doesn't have a huge impact on business because no one wants' to follow Johns Tire Shop and Lube on twitter.
MySpace did have a impact on society and pop culture but now that has passed. It is at Facebook now and if you don't have a Facebook nowadays your a weird person to most people. Everyone these days just assum everyone else has a Facebook. With younger people twitter is like that and Google+ is getting more and more popular.
With government and politics we are going to talk about Facebook and Twitter because that's all that really matters in this category. When people want to organize a get together, a riot, a protest or anything they use Facebook and Twitter because its the easiest way to reach people.
They all have a large impact on free speech because you can literally say anything you want at anytime. But privacy is a different thing. Now you can change your settings on privacy but Facebook has had a lot of problems with privacy and people leave Facebook because of it.
That's all, bye.
Did you do any research or read any of the material that I provided to you or did you just make all of this up?
ReplyDelete